This position is primarily responsible to provide a wide range of administrative support to the senior leadership of Human Resources as well as to various areas within the Office of Human Resources. This position will serve as the first point-of-contact for visitors and will respond to online and telephone inquiries to the Office of Human Resources and requires an individual who has excellent customer service skills. A high level of confidentiality is required as well as the ability to review and complete assignments with accuracy and speed even with frequent interruptions. This is an on-site position with no option for telecommuting therefore, regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is critical with the possibility of periodic evenings, weekends and/or holidays, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individuals must possess the knowledge, as well as the following skills and abilities or be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Working knowledge of an office environment, preferably Human Resources in a higher education or health sciences setting2. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills3. Strong computer/technology proficiency including Microsoft Office applications4. Proven problem-solving, analytical skills, and the ability to approach complex problems logically and systematically5. Outstanding attention to detail and follow- through skills6. Strong organization and prioritization skills, monitors own and others work for thoroughness, accuracy, and quality7. Experience dealing with confidential information and ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy8. Demonstrated ability to engage in independent thinking, decision making, and initiative to solve problems in a timely manner9. Willing and able to engage others to solve larger and more complex problems
10. Team player with collaborative working style11.Professional with the ability to communicate clearly, both written and orally, with all employees at all levels with tact, empathy, and diplomacy12. Dependable, able to follow instructions, responsive to management direction and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
13. Can effectively deal with ambiguity and cope with change
14. Commitment to contributing to a culture of humanism, diversity, equity, and inclusion
1. Associate degree (and/or combined experience/education as a substitute for minimum education)2. Experience: 3-5 years demonstrated, proven administrative/clerical support preferably in a Human Resources environment
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred2. Experience in a Human Resources Office3. Six plus years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant/Associate in a Human Resources Office preferred
List comments regarding work hours:
Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. May require occasional evening and weekend work hours