Please read the brief description AND the attached documents for the FULL INFORMATION
Position Title: Laboratory Assistant
Campus: Western University Campus-Pomona, CA
Position: Temporary / Contract
To provide undergraduate students currently enrolled in a four-year the opportunity to gain research experience. This is a 15-week part-time position where students will provide technical support and assist in the expression and purification of proteins in bacteria and mammalian systems. Lab Assistant will reports to Dr. Mohammad Mir, College of Veterinary Medicine. Job will involve expression and purification of proteins in bacteria and mammalian systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individuals must possess knowledge, as well as the following skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Basic and advanced laboratory knowledge & skills, including PCR. Western blotting, SDS-PAGE gels, expression and purification of His-tagged proteins, Gene cloning, Mammalian cell culture.
2. Basic skills in the use of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint..
3. Ability for logical, independent problem solving, and attention to detail and process
4. Knowledge of medical and microbiological terminology.
1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Concurrently enrolled in an undergraduate program at a four-year institution.
2. Experience: Research lab experience and knowledge of fundamental laboratory techniques is required.
List comments regarding work hours: M-F 8-5 or 9-6 Flexible