Please read the brief description AND the attached documents for the FULL INFORMATION.
AltaMed (1300 S Sunset Ave, West Covina, CA 91790) is in need of medical assistants.
Functions as an AltaMed ambassador, is welcoming and attentive to the needs of all patients and creates a positive patient experience by managing expectations while demonstrating compassion and respect. The M.A. III will assist in the provision of direct patient care by performing routine patient care procedures and technical/clerical support services in the clinical setting. He/She will perform this role by building relationships with patients, listening to them and gaining their trust. He/She will also demonstrate compassion and respect and will be proactive in managing patient’s expectations. In addition, the M.A. III will function as an Electronic Health Record (EHR) Super User and will perform more administrative responsibilities that include providing feedback on Back Office processes to the Clinic Management; will serve as a role model for “Care in Action”. Will also assist in achieving department goals and objectives by providing support and guidance to the M.A. team as a mentor and trainer. If working at the Patient Service Center, will provide other duties over the telephone. If working with the Mammography and Pap Smear Registry, will perform other duties related to ensuring all diagnostic test results are appropriately managed for Registry patients.
2. Perform all requested orders (i.e. vaccines, medication administration, labs, CLIA Waive Test, Hearing, Vision, etc.) in order to prepare for provider visit.
3. Document intake into EHR (for all specialties) and function as a system superuser for AltaMed’s EHR. Follow-up on in-basket message and management tasks.
4. Makes rounds and manages patient flows in back and front offices.
5. Ensures patient care areas clean and stocked, including supply, medicine, and vaccine inventories/logs.
6. Function as a patient advocate by ensuring patient concerns are resolved and/or addressed in a timely manner.
7. Responsible for assisting in the training and development of new and/or existing staff as needed; includes completing random chart audits.
8. Responsible for providing feedback regarding back office procedures to all clinic management regarding improvements in patient/work flow.
9. Responsible for participating in interviews and selection process for M.A. I & II as needed; includes providing performance-based feedback for existing staff.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Position May Include Patient Service Center (PSC) Responsibilities:
11. Perform patient intake over the phone
12. Perform all requested orders (i.e printing and mailing of after visit summary, printing labs, routing messages to the right pools, scheduling of appointment etc.) if working at PSC.
Position May Include Mammography and Pap Smear Registry Responsibilities:
13. Follow up on Registry patients (Abnormal Paps, Mammograms, Colorectal, and Lab results) by determining appropriate next actions and contacting patient to provide information and appointment scheduling assistance as necessary.
14. Track patients with a history of abnormal registry results to ensure compliance with recommended actions
15. Follow up on pending Diagnostic orders (mammo registry only).
16. Informs patients of PAP results and provide recommendation based on ASCCP Screening Guidelines as directed by Registered Nurse or Provider.
17. Documents and communicates activities via EHR with providers and actions taken (e.g. medication, immunization records, nursing care plans, etc.)
18. Performs, observes, and records symptoms, interactions and progress of the patient and reports findings to the medical provider. Does not make independent medical or healthcare decisions.
19. Assist with referrals as needed.
Medical Assistant certificate along with a high school diploma or equivalent required.
CPR/First Aid certificate required.
A minimum of 3 years of experience as a back office Medical Assistant required; 4 years preferred. Prior experience as a "lead" or "first line supervisor" strongly preferred.