Coordinates and implements an efficient office system for the Harris Family Center for Disability and Health Policy (HFCDHP). Performs administrative assistant work of average difficulty, involving independent judgment, for the Director, the Associate Director, and the department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individuals must possess the knowledge, as well as the following skills and abilities or be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Excellent computer and Microsoft Office software skills necessary in order to set up document formats, and any other software programs required by this position.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively interact with faculty, staff, administration, students, healthcare professionals, and outside contacts; ability to communicate with others in person, by telephone, and by E-mail.
3. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and be flexible in job assignments. Ability to handle detail-oriented assignments with accuracy and maintain confidentiality.
4. Working knowledge of software and/or applications including but not limited to Microsoft 365 and Zoom.
5. Basic office skills including but not limited to the ability to operate a fax, printer, scanner, telephone, and copy machine.
Education: Any combination of education and/or experience equivalent to an AA/AS degree with any combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Experience: 4-5 years administrative experience or 4-5 years’ experience in a healthcare education program. 6+ years of experience preferred
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
List comments regarding work hours:
Monday through Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Hours may vary based on student exams.Occasional evenings and weekend hours may occur based on WesternU events.