Schedules dental appointments for patient; performs varied administrative and office duties to support the clinical activities of the Dental Center; requires extensive knowledge of dental office procedures and protocols.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Experience in the policies and procedures of a multi-provider dental practice, preferably within a dental school environment.
2. Dental services billing experience with knowledge of billing for Denti-Cal and private insurance companies.
3. Experience in working in an electronic health record and electronic billing.
4. Must have working knowledge of the laws governing billing and collections efforts.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively interact with health care professionals, students, and patients. Bilingual ability helpful.
6. Experience with electronic health record, computers, printers, calculator, fax machine, copy machine operation, and telephone operation
1. Three or more years of front office/administrative experience in a dental clinic or multi-provider dental office.
2. Education: Knowledge of dental terminology.
3. Working knowledge of Electronic Health record
4. Must have a valid Driver’s License
5. Must maintain a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) that satisfies the requirements of the WesternU Vehicle Use Policy
1. Bilingual (Spanish/English), helpful.
2. Experience in a dental school environment helpful
3. Dental assisting experience preferred
List comments regarding work hours:
Usually working hours are Monday-Friday 8 am to 5 pm with the possibility for an earlier or later start. May be required to travel to CDM clinical sites which include but are not limited to sites in Pomona, El Monte, Chino Hills, and Rancho Mirage CA.